Saturday, March 16, 2024

Let's Fly: Butterfly Square

 


Hello again with another project for the month long "Let's Fly" challenge going on over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  We hope you have been busy making your "flying" creations and sharing them on the Portal.

For this card, I used the Ledger Background stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the Butterfly Square stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  Be sure to check out the large collection of square stamps at Carmen's Veranda - there are some really unusual and beautiful ones!

The background for this was created by piecing together one inch squares of a decorative background paper to create a mosaic collage.  I stamped this with black ink using the Ledger background stamp and edged it with black ink.  Using my sewing machine, I stitched around the perimeter with black thread.

The butterfly square was stamped onto a piece of a gel print I had on hand.   To stamp over paint, I used black Stayz On ink so it would dry completely.  I edged the square with black ink and positioned it as shown on the card front using foam tape.  

Want to win some free stamps?  Just enter you projects on the Portal and you could be the lucky winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment