Saturday, September 30, 2023

Birdy Sings

 It's the last day of the Birds Challenge over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity so if you have not entered your bird projects on the Portal, please do before the challenge ends.


It's Laurie here with a tag made for this challenge using the Cracked Bird on Wheels stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the Sing clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda.

The background for this tag is made using Distress spray inks and ink pads and a stencil.  I sprayed my stencil with dark blue Distress Spray ink then turned it over and pressed it onto a piece of white card stock, patting with a paper towel to pick up the excess ink.  Once that was completely dry, I placed the stencil back atop the paper, lining it up exactly.  I then took a sponge dauber and a pink Distress ink pad and dabbed the pink ink into the white spaces.  I edged the tag with the same blue ink.

I stamped my Crazy Critter Bird with black into onto white paper and fussy cut it out.  I colored it with Copic Sketch markers and added some Glossy Accents to the bird's eye and a gold ball to the wheel on the end of the bird's front leg.  The bird was attached to the tag as shown with foam tape.  

"Sing" was stamped with black ink onto a white scrap and cut out, then affixed with foam tape.  Final touch was to tie a piece of pink seam binding to the top of the tag.

We look forward to seeing your Bird-y projects on the Portal and hope you are the lucky winner of some free stamps!



No comments:

Post a Comment