Saturday, August 26, 2023

Time Flies

I've got a project to share for the current Steampunk Challenge over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity that runs through the end of August.  

There are so many great steampunk themed stamps at Lost Coast Designs, and this is one of my favorites:  Time Flies.  

I started this card using a piece of a collage Master Board that I had created for another project using vintage book pages with a kind of mathematic vibe.  Before I mounted the background panel to a piece of black card stock, I spritzed it with some Tim Holtz Mica Spray in Unraveled, and let it dry.

I stamped my image onto a piece of a manilla file folder and fussy cut it out.  I edged it with Vintage Photo Distress ink and colored it with Copic Sketch markers and gold and silver gel pens.  I re-stamped the face, punched it out with a circle punch, and affixed it over the original image with some foam tape. I added a couple of brads that look like screws and attached the whole image to my background panel, again using foam tape.  

We look forward to seeing your Steampunk and Vintage makes here on the Portal.  Don't forget to use some rubber stamps for your projects, and we hope you are the lucky winner of some free stamps in August!



No comments:

Post a Comment