Saturday, January 1, 2022

Let's Fly Challenge

 The new year starts off on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativitywith a "Let's Fly" challenge.  Lots of ways to interpret this one - birds, angels, butterflies, etc.  I've done a tag for this one using the Whimsical Flora stamp and the Doodle Circles background stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs, and the Sing clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda.


I cut out two tags, one larger that the other so I could layer them. The bottom layer is yellow scrapbook paper and the top layer is pinkish scrapbook paper.  I edged both with Distress Oxide ink in Fired Brick.  Next I stamped both with the Doodle Circles background stamp in the same ink.  I added some little dots with a black marker for a bit of extra interest.  My bird was stamped onto yellow paper with Oxide ink and fussy cut out.  I glued her to the lower portion of the tag as shown and added some googly eyes because everything is more fun with googly eyes!

 The sentiment was stamped with the same Oxide ink onto yellow paper, cut out, edged with ink, and positioned above the bird with foam tape.  Final touch was some yellow and pale pink ribbon through the hole in the top of the tag.

We can't wait to see your "Flying" creations over on the Portal, and don't forget to include some rubber stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment