Monday, October 16, 2023

Day 16 of the 31 Days of Halloween

 Welcom back to Day 16 of the 31 Days of Halloween, the month long Halloween extravaganza over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, featuring a new project every day for 31 days.  We really hope you are playing along with us and entering your projects on the Portal.


This tag was made using the Loopy Background stamp and the Dancing Skeletons stamp, both from Lost Coast Design.

The background for this stamp is made using Distress Inks in Fired Brick and Mustard Seed.  I sprayed a stencil with Fired Brick ink and placed it upside down onto a piece of white card stock.  I blotted up the excess ink with a paper towel and dried the paper well.  I then reapplied the same stencil, lining it up as exactly as I could, and using the Mustard Seed ink, I sponged that into the white spaces.  I then randomly stamped the Loopy Background script onto the tag with black ink.  Final step was to spray it with Distress Mica Stain in Mulled Cider.  Once it was completely dry, I mitered the corners and edged the tag with black ink.

The Dancing Skeletons were stamped with black ink onto white card stock and fussy cut out. I attached them with some foam tape, but only behind and head and "body".  That left the arms and legs free to look more like they were really in movement and "dancing".

I tied some fibers to the top in the hole I had punched, and it's ready to go!

Hope to see what you all are making soon - some free rubber stamps would be coming your way if you are the lucky winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment