Saturday, September 10, 2022

Use At Least 3 Stamps: Fish Collage

 I have another entry for the current challenge at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity:  Use At Least 3 Stamps.  I had the chance to play with some of the newer stamps from Lost Coast Designs for this one including the Mini Fish Collage and the Pieces of Calligraphy Set.  Linda has created several beautiful and intricate collage stamps so be sure to check them out in the "New" section on the website.


I used a 6 x 6 scrapbook paper pad for this project. It's part of the Craft Papers collection from Craft Consortium called "Grunge - Light Tones".  There are a lot of great softer colors, and I love how the background piece for this one looks like it was made with blended alcohol inks.

I started by stamping my Fish collage several times onto several of the different paper colors.  Once I had a background I was happy with, I re-stamped the fish, the shell, and the domino onto different
 colors and cut them out, superimposing them atop the original stamped image.  I added a bit of green Copic Sketch marker to the fish to give him a bit more depth.  I edged this with black ink after cutting it into a tidy square.

The background is another piece from this collection, and I randomly stamped 6 of the 7 stamps in the Pieces of Calligraphy set with black ink onto this square of paper.  I centered the Fish Collage and attached it with foam tape.  Final step was to trim down the background piece and edge it with black marker.

Hope you are having fun with this challenge which requires you to use at least 3 of the stamps in your stamp collection to make something fun and fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment