Monday, August 1, 2022

Steampunk Gears

 Happy August and welcome to a brand new challenge over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity:  Backgrounds in Focus.  So think background stamps and bring them to the foreground, and make them the "focus" of your work.


I've gone with a steampunk inspired piece for this challenge using the Gears background stamp from Lost Coast Designs.

The first step was to stamp my gears onto a piece of coffee dyed tracing paper.  I used StayzOn black ink so it would not smear since the surface of the paper is kind of slick.  I layered this over a piece of text from a vintage book and trimmed the edges.  Using my sewing machine and black thread, I stitched around the perimeter.

Next I dug out my little collection of gears and other steampunk goodies and randomly selected some to glue atop my stamped image.  I added a vintage label  to the lower right corner as well.  

What fun  or interesting background stamps do you have in your stamp collection?  We would love to see what you do with them for this latest challenge.  Random winner gets some free stamps from Lost Coast Designs or Carmen's Veranda!



No comments:

Post a Comment