Monday, April 18, 2022

Three Monkeys in Hats

 Hi again with another post to tell you about the newest design challenge going on at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity:  "Hats".  I expect that we will be seeing some fun projects for this one!


I made a series of three tags for this challenge using the Three Monkeys stamp and the Vertical Hats border stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

After cutting out my three tags, I covered each with some papers from my stash:  one is a Gelli print and the other two were done with Oxide Distress spray inks.  I edged all three with a dark blue marker.

The Three Monkeys were stamped onto white paper with black ink and colored in with Copic Sketch markers.  I then fussy cut them out.  The various hats were done the same way and colored and cut out and then attached, one to each monkey.  Next I die cut ovals out of coordinating papers, attached those to the center of each tag, and placed the monkey images in the center of each oval.  I added some white Nuvo Crystal Drops to each of the monkeys' hats.  Final step was to punch a hole in the top of each and add some blue seam binding ribbon.

So get out  your crafty supplies and make something fun with a "Hats" theme to it, and you just might win some free stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda!!


1 comment: