Saturday, July 6, 2019

Two Day Frida Kahlo Blog Hop - July 6th and 7th!



Hi and welcome to the Day 1 of the 2 day Frida Kahlo Blog Hop that is going on right now at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!  The hop will go on July 6th and 7th in celebration of the new Frida stamps at Lost Coast Designs.  So be sure to check the Portal for other great Frida creations by the Lost Coast Design team.

I have made two cards for this Blog Hop, and the first one featured today uses the new Frida with Roses stamp.  I used a background that I made with Distress spray inks and a stencil.  After placing the stencil onto white paper, I sprayed it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  I then turned the stencil over and pressed it onto the paper to add another layer of ink.

I stamped Frida directly onto this background with black ink, then turned it on the diagonal and used a square die to cut it out.  I die cut a larger square out of red paper and attached them together, then added another white layer.  I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edge of the red layer.  The final touch was to add some red paper flowers to Frida's hair.  



7 comments:

  1. Oh I looove both of these cards Laurie!
    How cool are these Frida stamps.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made this card a diamond shape with the beautiful Frida and her red roses as centrepiece. The neutral distress oxide background is the perfect backdrop. Lovely stitching detail too, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like how you angled the card and kept the colors simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish - love the use of the flowers, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and love the diamond shape you used Laurie. Very pretty. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background and the flowers. The diagonal shape adds special interest and drama!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete