Friday, December 1, 2017

Dashing Through the Snow Customer Challenge


This month's customer challenge at GeckoGalz is "Dashing Through the Snow", and I have created some cards for that challenge to share with you.  All these samples will be featured on the GeckoGalz blog on December 20th.  

The first sample is a card made with one of the images from the "Baby It's Cold Out Here" collage sheet set.  After cutting out my image, I layered it with white and gold card stock.  I tied some thin gold twine around the lower portion and tied a gold snowflake to it.  Then I layered that with a coordinating background panel which I edged with gold ink.  The whole piece then is affixed to a white card front.




The second sample is another card using another image from the "Baby It's Cold Out Here" collage sheet set.  For my background I used one of the papers from the Very Vintage Junk Journal Paper Pack.  I cut out my background paper and layered it to a white card front.  Then I cut out my image and layered that with a torn edged red panel.  I attached those at an angle to my card front and attached a gold snowflake to the lower left corner and a piece of decorative tape to the upper right corner.  I attached the sentiment lower right and my card is complete!




My third sample is a card made using an image from the "Winter Time" collage sheet.  I cut out my image and attached it atop a piece of loosely woven fabric.  I tied some white twine around the bottom and knotted a wooden snowflake to it.  My cream card base is layered with a piece of snowflake scrapbook paper and my image is attached directly atop that.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Laurie. Welcome to the DT! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and I love the Spread your wings and fly picture for your blog !!!!!

    ReplyDelete