Tuesday, September 22, 2020



Hi again, and here is a card I made for the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity newest challenge: Man Cave.  This challenge runs until the end of September, so you still have lots of time to enter.  Just one rule:  your entry must include some rubber-stamping.

For this card I used the Waltzing Cowboys stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the All Together clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  Be sure to check out the newest clear stamps at Carmen's Veranda - they will for sure put a smile on your face!

This was so simple.  I stamped my cowboys using black ink onto a piece of coffee dyed paper.  I tore around the edges and used some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age the edges.  My background is a piece of map of Yellowstone Park, and I cut that to fit my central image and inked the edges of this as well.

I used my sewing machine and black thread to stitch around the edges of my stamped panel, stitching it in place to the center of the card front.  Next I stamped my sentiment onto a scrap of coffee stained paper and stitched it with black thread as well.  I positioned it at the bottom of the card and fastened it with foam tape.

That's it!  I love the vintage-y look that coffee stained paper gives to any project, and it's so easy to do.  If you haven't tried it yet, you will love the results!




No comments:

Post a Comment