Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Godzilla Is Off the Edge



Happy July from Laurie!  I hope wherever you are that you are healthy and safe.
And the first of the month always means the start of a brand new challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  This month we kick it off with "Off the Edge".  So your project will feature an image that is going off the edge of your paper.   And I've created a fun Godzilla card for this new challenge.

For this one I used the following stamps:

5 1/2 Inch Shrubbery stamp from Lost Coast Designs
Small butterfly from the Butterfly Set from Lost Coast Designs
Godzilla stamp from Carmen's Veranda
Hokey Pokey stamp from Carmen's Veranda

I started with a piece of white card stock onto which I stamped my shrubbery background with brown Distress Oxide Ink and then overstamped it with green Distress Oxide Ink. I stamped some little flowers randomly with pink ink and then added some butterfly stamps using blue ink.

Next I stamped Godzilla onto green paper twice and fussy cut both out.  I added some white from a fine line pen to his teeth and eyes.  I positioned one of my Godzillas in the center of the card and then cut the other in half and put the back half to the left side and the front half to the right side.  I fashioned a little hat and put it on my center Godzilla with dimensional tape.  I stamped my sentiment onto white paper with black ink, cut it out, edged it in black, and affixed it to the lower right corner with dimensional tape.

Final step was to layer this with some olive and pink card stock, and that's it!

Please join us for this fun and different challenge - just remember to add some rubber stamping somewhere in your work!


No comments:

Post a Comment