Monday, December 30, 2019

In the Deep Midwinter: Day 30

This is a card I created for the Lost Coast Design Challenge for December:  In the Deep Midwinter.  

For this card, I used the Snowman stamp from Carmen's Veranda and the Small Snowflakes Set from Lost Coast Designs.  I began by stamping my snowman onto white card stock and cutting him out.  I trimmed off the tail of the little scarf around his neck and using some navy fibers, I fashioned a real scarf for him.  I added small enamel dots for his eyes and larger ones for his buttons.  I cut a small "carrot" nose for him from orange paper and cut out a black top hat to finish him off.

I took my dark blue background paper and heat embossed a variety of snowflakes randomly across it with white embossing powder.  

I also heat embossed the edge with white embossing powder, then layered this with a piece of silver metallic card stock.  I attached my snowman with foam dimensional tape, and that's a wrap!

You still have time to join the challenge and show us your wintry projects for a chance to win some amazing free stamps!

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment