Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Badass Owl


Here is a project for the Lost Coast Designs ATC Cards, Coins and Chunkys at the Lost Coast Portal.  

I made another ATC coin for this project - after years of doing standard ATCs it's been a lot of fun to make the coins for a change of pace. I used some background paper I had on had made with my Gelli plate and some blue, green, and yellow acrylic paints.  I started by stamping my coin with the Medium Shrubbery background stamp, using StayzOn black ink.  I then die cut a "branch" from a floral die cut set and colored over it with black marker.  I attached that across the lower portion of my coin.  I then stamped the Moon Owl onto white card stock with black ink and cut him out.  I restamped the beak and eyes onto yellow paper, cut them out, superimposing them over the original stamped image.  I positioned my owl perched on the branch, and using a white Gel pen, I dotted some "stars" into the sky.

Finally, I stamped my sentiment Once A Badass from Carmen's Veranda onto white paper.  It was a bit large for my coin, so I used my copier to reduce the size, cut it and and attached it to my coin.


3 comments:

  1. Very cleverly put together! Love it, especially shrinking down the sentiment size. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cleverly put together! Love it, especially shrinking down the sentiment size. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete