Monday, February 11, 2019

Embellishment Cluster Ancestor Mini Album

I have been having a lot of fun making embellishment clusters for several swap groups that I am in.
I am fairly new to journal or album making so thought I would start with something small for the Mini Album Makers Challenge and incorporate embellishment cluster making into my album.

I used playing cards as the base for my pages which I covered with papers I had created using my Gelli plate.  I tried to coordinate my colors so the book had some continuity.  I love vintage photos so decided to feature one on each page of my album.

I glued the front and back papers to each playing card then created an embellishment cluster for each page with the focus on the vintage photo but adding in die cuts, scraps of lace and fabric, cut outs from collage sheets, old postage stamps and book pages, etc.  I stapled the clusters together and used a glue stick and white craft glue where needed to hold everything down on the page.  I joined my pages with some Tim Holtz brass book binding rings.  The front cover features a vintage photo of a girl framed with a vintage optometrist's lens and some vintage lace and buttons.









4 comments:

  1. Excellent work, as usual my friend! Such a pretty keepsake and LOVE those clusters!!
    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I see your link from Mini Album makers blog I have to add - thanks for sharing with us for the MAM February challenge!
    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super way to use playing cards! The gelli plate papers are wonderful and you have decorated each page so beautifully. Thank you for sharing your album with us at Mini Album Makers this month. Jennie

    ReplyDelete