Saturday, January 20, 2018

Courtly Love


I created these cards for the GeckoGalz "Courtly Love" Customer Challenge 
for the month of January, 2017.  All collage elements can be found at GeckoGalz Blog

The first sample uses one of the Very Vintage Junk Journal paper pack papers as a background.  The envelope comes from the Postage collage set.  The courting couple are from the Vintage Flirtations collage set, and the flower is from the French Botanicals.  Finally the saying is from the Charming Words set.

I cut my background to fit my card front and layered my various collage elements as shown.  I also added a gold border around my courtly couple and attached a gold fan to the top.  Final step was to tie some vintage lace around the left side then attach it all to my card base.



My second sample uses another image from the Vintage Flirtations collage set.  The flowers were cut out from the Jardin collage sheet, the saying is from the Charming Words set, and my background paper is from the Courtly Love Paper Pack.

I cut my background to fit my card front.  Using an oval die, I cut my courtly couple then layered it with a larger oval cut from gold card stock.  I attached those to my background paper, which I had edged with gold ink.  I cut out several flowers from the Jardin set and attached those to the upper and lower opposing corners using foam tape to give them some dimension.  My saying was cut out and attached to the lower right corner using foam tape, and finally I attached a piece of vintage lace along the top edge.  Then all gets attached to the card base.


No comments:

Post a Comment