Saturday, May 6, 2023

Girl With A Curl


I have a fun Challenge to share with you that is over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity called "Paper Piecing.  And as you can see, that is exactly what I did to create the background for this card.

I started with an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of card stock and got a stash of bits and pieces of left over paper that I can't ever seem to get rid of.  You know, you might need it one day!!  At any rate, I began on the perimeter of my base paper and started tearing out small bits and gluing them around the edges.  Once that was complete, I started filling in the blank spaces, working my way into the center until every bit of the card stock was covered.  I trimmed the edges to neaten it up.

Next I stamped The Girl With A Curl stamp onto white paper with black ink and colored it using Copic Sketch Markers.  I layered it with a piece of white paper that I cut with deckle edged scissors then to a gold and then a pink panel.  I cut a square section of my paper-pieced page and affixed my stamped image right in the center.  I edged it with a gold pen and layered it with a piece of white card stock.

Making this pieced background was a lot of fun and I really liked the end result.  I made a couple of copies of the finished product so I would have some pages I could use other projects.  We can't wait to see your paper piecing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment