Friday, March 24, 2023

Black and White: Chess King

There is a new challenge going on over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity: Black and White!  It's a real "challenge" to make something with no other colors!  But I had fun piecing together some different background stamps for this card.  I used the following:


Chess King stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the following background stamps, also from
Lost Coast:


And also the Grunge Diamonds background stamp from Carmen's Veranda.

For each of the 5 background stamps, I stamped them with black ink onto white card stock and cut them into 1 1/2 squares.  I then assembled them in rows of three and pasted them to a piece of card stock.  I stitched around the edges with black thread. 

The chess king was stamped with black ink onto white card stock and fussy cut out.  I then pasted that to some black card stock and fussy cut around the original image to give it a nice black outline.
It was then affixed to the center of my background panel with some foam tape, and I added some black rhinestones to his crown.

We can't wait to see your black and white projects so be sure to share them on the Portal!




No comments:

Post a Comment