Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Gnome Challenge

 Hello to all at the beginning of the last month of 2021.  There is a holiday mood on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, and the challenge theme for the month is: Gnomes.  


According to the dictionary, a gnome is an ageless creature of folklore who lives in the earth, usually guarding treasure.  I've made a holiday card using the  Santa Gnome with Toys stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  I guess you could say this stamp depicts this little Santa Gnome guarding a treasure of toys in his sack.


I stamped my gnome onto white card stock with black ink and used Copic Sketch markers to color him.  I then fussy cut him out for placement on my card front.

Next I took a 6 x 6 pad of various Christmas papers and cut a bunch of thin strips of many of the patterns. These were then glued down to my white card base in a pattern, starting at the outer perimeter of the paper and working my way into the middle, trimming the strips as they got shorter and shorter.  I die cut a circle from one of the papers and placed it directly in the middle of the card front.  The Gnome Santa was then affixed to that circle with some foam tape for dimension.  The final step was to layer this with a piece of Christmas red card stock.

We are excited to see what creations you can make for this challenge using your gnome stamps.  And be sure to check out the Lost Coast Designs new stamps page to see the great variety of fun gnome stamps available.



1 comment:

  1. I love this Laurie, your background is fabulous! Take care and have a very happy December, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete