Thursday, September 16, 2021

Baptizing A Cat

The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity just started a new challenge that will run though the end of September.  The challenge is called  "Sentiment in Focus".  For this challenge, you will create a project/s using a sentiment of at least 5 words.  Be sure that rubber stamping is the main focus of your work, too!


For this one, I used one of the cat stamps from the Party Cat Hats Set from Lost Coast Designs and the Baptize A Cat clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda big collection of great sayings.  For this background I used a gelli print created on a piece of decorative tissue paper that I had adhered to a piece of card stock.  

I stamped my cat with black ink onto white card stock and fussy cut him out.  I colored him with gray Copic Sketch Markers and added a touch of green to his eyes.  I traced around the hat that the stamped cat is wearing and using that template, cut out another hat from flowered paper, affixing it to the cat's head atop the original hat.  I added a little flower for some extra color and affixed the cat with foam tape to the left side of my card front.

My sentiment is stamped onto off white paper with black ink.  After cutting it into a square shape, I edged it with black ink and attached it to the upper right corner.  Final step was to outline the card front with black ink to give it some definition.

Please come join us for this fun new challenge using you favorite phrase or sentiment stamps.  You just might be the lucky winner of some free stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda!



No comments:

Post a Comment