Friday, April 16, 2021

Ask Albert



Happy spring!  I'm back with a card for the new challenge going on at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity during the last half of the month of April:  Sentimentally Yours.  We are looking for your projects which feature your favorite sentiments or sayings.  And I found a great one for this one - Eenie, Meenie, Minie - from Carmen's Veranda.

I also used the Einstein stamp from Carmen Veranda and the Ledger background stamp from Lost Coast Designs.

For my background I dove into my box of Gelli prints and found this one using cream, brown, and gold acrylic paints and some stenciling.  My stamping covers most of it so you can't really see the stencil design on this one too clearly.  But stamped with the Ledger background in black StayzOn ink gave it kind of a vintage feel, I thought.  I then tore around the edges and applied some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age it a bit.

I stamped Einstein with black ink onto cream card stock and fussy cut him out then positioned him on the lower portion of my card front.  Next I stamped my sentiment with black ink onto the same card stock, cut it out, and edged it with black ink.  It gets positioned just above Albert as shown.  Layering with a piece of black card stock is the final step.




1 comment:

  1. I love this Laurie, great fun and combination of stamps. Have a lovely weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete