Monday, August 10, 2020

Cat's Eating Turnips

Hi from Laurie on this summer day in August.  I hope this finds you all healthy and safe and staying cool!

I have another project today for the "Let's Go Vegetarian" Challenge at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity going on now through the 14th of the month.  This one uses the Katzelkraft Striped Cat stamp and the Sketchy Lily stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

My background paper is a Gelli print I had on hand that uses green and yellow acrylic paints and several stencils.  I edged this with green Distress Ink.  Next I stamped my cat onto a small piece of scrapbook paper using black ink and cut him out.  I stamped his face again on white paper and cut out the eyes, attaching them over the original stamped image.  I affixed him to my card front with some dimensional tape.

I stamped my flower onto a yellow scrap with black ink and cut it out.  This was attached to the upper right corner as shown, again using foam tape.

Finally I cut out a little turnip and placed it with foam tape so it appears that the cat is holding it aloft.  I layered my card front with white then yellow card stock, and that's a wrap!

You don't have to be a vegetarian to join in on the current challenge.  Just think trees, flowers, fruits, vegetables - use your imagination and be creative!  You could win some free stamps!!
Be sure to use some rubber stamping somewhere in your projects.

1 comment: