Friday, May 15, 2020

East Meets West


Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello, hello to all from Laurie.  Our brand new challenge for the last half of May is "East Meets West".  I have created a gold edged ATC for this challenge using as my background the 
ATC Text #1 set from Lost Coast - the set has 3 stamps and this is the one with the Asian lettering.
Then I used 2 of the butterflies from the Butterfly Set also from Lost Coast.

I began with an Asian themed piece of scrapbook paper in muted shades of green, cream and red.  I stamped my background with black ink.  Next I stamped the 2 butterflies with black ink and using Copic Sketch markers, I colored them, copying some of the butterflies I found in a book I have called "Encyclopedia of the Butterfly World in Color".

I used gold embossing powder and heat embossed the edges of my ATC.  Using a gold pen I added some gold flecks to the butterfly wings then attached them to my background with foam dimensional tape.  

We would love to see your own interpretation of this theme:  East Meets West.  So get out your stamps and get busy creating something to share on the Lost Coast Portal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment