Sunday, January 5, 2020

Yoga Cat


Happy January to all and wishing everyone a great year to come.

Over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, there is a new challenge for the first half of January called:  Anything Goes.  So that means you can create any type of project with any kind of theme you like - just be sure to include some rubber stamping somewhere in your project.  And no digital stamps!

For this challenge I made this card using one of the new Yoga Cat stamps from Lost Coast Designs.  I also used the Doodle Circles background stamp and the Sketchy Lily stamp also from Lost Coast.  The sentiment stamp is from Carmen's Veranda and is one of the many great clear stamps - Bottom of Wine Bottle.

I started my card by taking a piece of white card stock and using one stencil but shading the colors across the card front from yellow to green to blue, using Oxide Inks.  I took one of my round sponge daubers and dabbed it here and there with the orange ink.  I stamped the Doodle Circles background here and there with black ink and added a bit of randomly stamped text as well.

I stamped the cat and the flower on a piece of paper that I had used green and orange acrylic paints and a stencil on.  I cut them both out and affixed them as shown.  I added some yellow Dew Drops to the center of the flower.  

My sentiment was stamped with black ink onto a white square.  I edged it in black and positioned it in the upper left corner.  I also edged the front panel with black and layered it with some orange paper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment