Saturday, October 5, 2019

Lost Coast Designs Halloween Blog Hop Day 2: Danse Macabre

Happy Haunting from Laurie on this 2nd day of the month long 31 Days of Halloween celebration on the Lost Coast Portal.  It's my favorite time of year, and I love working with my Halloween and fall stamps from Lost Coast and Carmen's Veranda.

For this card, I used the Grunge Tree background stamp and the Dancing Skeletons stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.  I started with a piece of the new Tim Holtz Halloween paper pad and using black embossing powder, embossed my background stamp on the paper.  I trimmed around the edges, leaving a border of the paper around the outside of the embossed image.


Next I stamped my dancing skeletons onto white card stock then fussy cut them out.  Be patient - it's worth the effort!  I adhered just the heads and torsos with glue to my background, leaving the arms and legs to kind of stick out so they appear to be moving on the page.

I typed the words "Danse Macabre", (meaning "dance of death") onto a piece of white paper and printed it out, outlined it with black ink and attached to my card front as shown.
Final step was to layer the card front with a white card base.

So go grab your Halloween craft supplies and stamps and show us what hauntingly fun goodies you can create!

5 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! just the right amount of macabre -- though somehow any time there is dancing there is a certain kind of joy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the dancing skeletons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWEsome, love your dancing skeletons..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie. As much as I love LCD what you have made, I am lost. I am trying to find your Gecko Galz Blog Hop post so I can get a collage sheet and leave a comment, but I cannot find your post! What am I doing wrong? Anyway, xoxo

    ReplyDelete