Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sing, Baby, Sing!

Happy September to all from Laurie with a fun post to help kick off our new "Sing and Dance" Challenge here on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  This one goes through the 14th of September so you have a couple of weeks to create your singing and dancing projects and share them here.

For this one, I used the Showgirls stamp from Lost Coast Designs, the Large Chicken Wire background stamp, also from Lost Coast, and the Sing clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda.

I used a sheet of vintage music paper as my background.  Using Distress Oxide Inks in shades of green, yellow, and orange, I stenciled over the whole page.  I randomly stamped bits of chicken wire with black ink, and stamped the word Sing at random as well.

Next I stamped my 3 showgirls onto white paper.  Using Copic Sketch markers, I colored them to coordinate with my green, yellow and orange background.  I then took a sparkly silver marker and added some glitz to each of them - in their hair and along the trimmed edges of their costumes.  I fussy cut them out and using foam tape, attached them to the center of my card.

I layered my background with a piece of black card stock them zig zag stitched all around the border with black thread.  And that's a wrap!!



No comments:

Post a Comment