Sunday, June 23, 2019

Girl With A Curl

There is a new challenge going on until the end of June at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity:  Add A Human Face.  I have made a square collage piece using the  Girl With A Curl stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the Postcard Background from Carmen's Veranda as an inspiration piece for this challenge.

I started by stamping the girl onto a scrap of cream paper then tore around the edges to give it a rough look.  I added just a hint of color with some pink Distress Ink to her cheeks.  

I had on hand some Tim Holtz decorative tissue paper that I had died using coffee.  I stitched my girl's face onto a square piece of that tissue paper.  Next I took some leafy die cuts and stamped them with the Postcard Background stamp to add some text, then glued them to opposing corners. 

For the final step, I took a rough edged piece of hand made cream paper and stitched my tissue paper square to that.  I love this Girl With A Curl stamp and like the vintage-y feel of this collage piece.

Please visit the Portal and show us the projects you can create that Include A Human Face.  You just might win some free stamps!!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, first off, BRAVO for the punny rift off of the book and movie (both of which I loved.) Girl with a Curl indeed, what Pearl shampoo could have done with that back in the day! lol Secondly, I am in awe of your ability to do understated color. I'm such a bold color freak sometimes it is hard for me to appreciate monochrome-ish tones. But it's good for me to stretch that muscle, and I have been taking baby steps. You rock it! I've looked back at the last month of so of your art and enjoyed every one even though I am too lazy to leave comments. xoxox

    ReplyDelete