Monday, December 17, 2018

GeckoGalz Deck the Halls: Day 17


This project is one I made for the "Decking the Halls" event
 happening at the GeckoGalz design blog.  We are creating projects of all kinds during the month of December, so be sure to check them out!

This project is a card which serves as a holder for a gift card.  It seems more and more of our gift giving is taking this form, so this is a fun way to "gift" someone with a card from their favorite retailer.

For this card I used the Gecko Galz mini paper pack called Christmas Sprinkles - I used this both inside and on the outside. 

I started with a piece of red card stock which I cut to 4" by 11".  I scored this at 4", 5.5" and 7".  I folded each score line as follows:  valley fold on the 4" score, mountain fold on the 5.5" fold, and valley fold on the 7" score.  I taped the two undersides of the mountain fold together then folded to form a 4 X 4 "present bottom".  I then cut another piece of red card stock 3" by 4.25 " and scored it in the middle at the 1.5" mark.  I glued this to the top of the card so when it is closed the top flap comes down over the top front of the card.  I cut the top portion of the Christmas Sprinkles paper to fit the front of the card, then cut pieces of the lower, dotted portion, to fit along the top flap both inside and outside and to fit across the pocket that holds the gift card.  I cut some white card stock to fit the inside and stamped a sentiment on the upper half and attached my reindeer riding Santa to the bottom half.  I punched holes on both sides at the top of the gift card pocket and attached some small red brads there to hold the pocket securely closed.  Last step was to punch a hole in the outside upper flap and thread some red and white baker's twine through the hole and around the card, securing it closed.  I finished by tying a little peppermint to the baker's twine.

Thanks for checking out my blog, and Happy Holidays!!



No comments:

Post a Comment