Saturday, March 3, 2018

Play

I made this card for the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity March 1 - 15th Challenge.  The theme of this challenge is "Anything Goes", so this gives everyone the freedom to use whatever theme they choose.

I love the nostalgic children stamps at Lost Coast so used one of these for this card - Star Halo.  I stamped the image onto white paper and then cut out around the figure, excluding the butterfly wings.  My  background was created with the  Doodle Circles Background Stamp.  I used my Gelli plate and some green paint.  Once my plate was covered with the green paint. I pressed the Doodle Circles stamp into the paint then pressed white paper onto my plate and smoothed it out to transfer the design to my paper.  I used some Distress Inks to add color to the circles.  I affixed my stamped image onto the background, then stamped the wings directly onto the background paper so it looks like the wings are transparent.  I stamped the sentiment - PLAY - from Carmen's Veranda with black ink on white paper and cut out around it, attaching it as shown.  And there you have a fun and bright card!


No comments:

Post a Comment