Sunday, February 25, 2018

Catch A Butterfly


This was made for the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity mid March Challenge:  More Than Two Legs.  You can join the challenge here:  Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity

I  used the Striped Cat stamp for this one - one of the many great Katzelkraft stamps at Lost Coast Designs.  I stamped my cat onto tan  card stock with black ink and cut him out.  I added some google eyes cause I love google eyes!  The background is one I had on hand that I made using Distress inks in shades of yellow and brown and a stencil with dots and lines.  I then stamped over the background with a black scripted stamp.  I centered my cat as shown and cut out an orange butterfly from a collage sheet I had.  I positioned it above his outstretched leg and folded the wings out so it looks like the butterfly is just perching on the tip of his toes.  I layered this with some brown and then white papers.  A fun card for just about any occasion!


No comments:

Post a Comment